In this article we are going to tell you, where to download, how to install and how to use GLSL Shader Mod.
Oh my sweet GOODNESS! When you go into a world with the GLSL Shader Mod, everything is just amazing! It is probably one of the best Minecraft Mods you have ver seen. The water now reflects, everything has a shadow, even your player; it’s really well done. The game itself is so very amplified, and just improves the game so much, especially if you’re used to the default game. It just looks awesome now. Now, enough praising it vaguely, let’s go into detail of what I like, and of course, some things that I think could be worked on.
Now since the items themselves aren’t changed at all, let’s jump into the blocks. The water, as I said before, is now really realistic and reflects the trees and lights, while still remaining to be transparent. Then there are the lights. The lights, like torches, are completely changed in GLSL Shaders Mod. In the default game you can see that when you put a torch down that each block the light gets dimmer the farther away it is, but with this is mixes together to create a circle, but, it doesn’t look awkward or out of place, which is part of why I love this mod so much, it goes together so well with the game. The light is also extremely bright, which is also the case for the Plus the jack-o’-lantern, glowstone, and redstone lamps. But one thing I don’t like is that they made other things glow as well. For instance, both the Wither and the Ender Dragon. They’re both a yellowish orange with this mod that doesn’t really add anything, and even takes away from the mobs themselves. The Endermen also has orange eyes, which I don’t mind nearly as much, and if the creators of GLSL Shader Mod changed it so their eyes glowed purple it would fit, and look really cool too.
And the end itself is way too dark. You can’t see a thing with the except of The Sun Ender Dragon– I’m officially calling it that now, by the way—and the cubes giving it it’s health. Which really makes it unplayable, so the creators should get on that part too. The nether however is also very dark, but with the glowstone and the huge amounts of lava, too me it just adds another level of fun difficulty for the nether. But there’s one more thing to add before I wrap up. For you to use this mod fully you’ll need a really good computer, my computer is decent and lagged like crazy when I turned it all the way on. If you don’t have a gaming PC I wouldn’t recommend using the GLSL Shader Mod. Although, I did some more research on what it changes and it makes the tall grass and leaves of the trees waver and move, which is also a really cool feature they added.
How to install GLSL Shader Mod in Minecraft 1.9/1.8?
Actually there are 2 known installation tutorials for the Shader Mod. You can install the non-forge version or the forge version, we at minecraftplace.net recommend to use the forge version. It is much easier and you can install other mmods apart from the glsl mod. The following youtube video may help you:
Install GLSL Mod WITHOUT Forge
- Start Minecraft launcher.
- You should run Minecraft “1.8” or “1.9” at least once and close it.
- Close your MC launcher.
- Run GLSL Shaders Mod installer.
- double-click ShadersMod.jar or something similar.
- Alternatively, you may run java from command line or batch file (most times on linux or mac).The command to use is “java -jar ShadersMod-v2.4.12mc1.8.jar” (replace file name).
- Open Minecraft launcher. Select Profile ShadersMod and click Play.
- Open Option screen. There should be Shaders button. Click it to open Shaders screen.
Install Shaders Mod WITH Forge
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download GLSL Shaders Mod (download links are below).
- Press start and type in %appdata%. (on windows)
- Find and open your .minecraft folder.
- Navigate to your mods folder (if this folder does not exist you can create one).
- Copy ShadersMod.jar file to mods/1.9 or mods/1.8 subfolder in your game folder.
- Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge profile.
After successfully installing the mod you can start playing minecraft. You may want to install some shaderpacks. Enjoy!
Download GLSL Shader Mod
The download links below are safe. We always try to make sure that there are no viruses or malware in the GLSL Shader Mod download links. Also we know that Minecraft players always want to donwload the newest version, that is why we keep our download links up to date.
GLSL Shader Mod for all versions